Happy Hump day friends! Okay, well it isn’t actually Wednesday anymore. I had a blog post all sketched out and everything, and then I went through more of my photos from our mini family vacay to the big city to put in my blog post . . . . They just weren’t doing anything for me. There were plenty to choose from; lots of landscapes, etc. They looked nice enough; but I felt like I was getting tired of my own photos! Sounds silly I know. But that’s just the way I felt. So, I’m going to leave most of the pictures from our family adventures last week for another blog post.
I start off with the best intentions, but always seem to get sidetracked or distracted. I went back to work on Monday after being off for a two week staycation, and was feeling; out of sorts. I’m not sure if it was just the Monday blahs coupled with the back-from-vacation syndrome. But, for whatever reason, my heart just wasn’t into getting excited about writing a blog post. Tuesday I was off work again for errands and appointments. But, after that long day I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I got home! I love getting packages in the mail!! Always have!! It was a beautiful journal and some pretty cool coloured branch pencils I had ordered from Chapters. Both on sale for half price, I might add. I bought an extra set of the pencils for my daughter because she had seen them at a Chapters store last month but they were full price then so I said no way.
I’m not entirely sure I will actually use the branch pencils for colouring, because they look so awesome just the way they are. So you may see these pretty pieces of wood showing up in blog posts from time to time. You will also see a cute little storage box pictured below that hold those pencils quite nicely. Got that on sale too! At Michaels. I really didn’t want the week to go by without writing a blog post, so I was trying to feel inspired. Here are some things that get me inspired.
- As you can see on the cover of the journal above ( pictured above & below), it says “do more of what makes you happy.” Since I wasn’t really having warm, fuzzy feelings for my other photos at the time, I did what makes me happy. I took more photos! Sometimes experimenting with the different objects I view through my camera lens can get me inspired.
- My kids artwork. Both my girls love to draw! And sometimes paint. And they are both great at it!! Pics below. I’m so jealous. If you look at my earliest Instagram posts you can see my “artistic” work. I started posting photos in February when CreativeLive had a #28tomake free class where you were given different challenges every day that month.
- Music! I love music. I can listen to most anything; except for a lot of the newer stuff out. But there are exceptions of course. We don’t get a lot of the bigger, latest and greatest here in Newfoundland. Being on a island can make logistics a nightmare, especially in winter. We do have Selena Gomez coming Labour Day weekend though! You will see in the pictures below, some of the concerts my husband and I have been to over the years. All of those pictured I have been too but not necessarily my husband. I know I have some more concert tickets tucked away somewhere. I couldn’t find the ticket stubs for Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Sarah McLachlan, Heart, and Kenny Rogers (this past November). I know there are more concerts! Just can’t remember. Last night my husband and I saw Tommy Cash (brother of Johnny Cash) at our local Lion’s Club.
- There are a few blogs and podcasts I peruse on a regular basis to get inspiration (and sometimes a butt kicking): Blacksburgbelle (April Bowles-Olin) Tiffany Han (Raise Your Hand Say Yes) Michelle Ward (When I Grow Up coach) Paula Jenkins (Jump Start Your Joy) Kris Windley (With a K Writing) Mayi Carles (Heartmade Blog) and Cait Flanders
- Let’s see. What else gets me inspired?? Oh! COFFEE and BOOKS!! This girl doesn’t need diamonds. Buy me a cup of coffee and a book and you will have me forever. As long as its good coffee and a good book. I’m sure I’ll do a whole blog post on just coffee, and books alone! LOL
- And, of course, the view from my front door!
Included below are just a few pics from our excursion to the big city we had last week. Had to share these. Searched until we found the Freak Lunchbox candy store. Oh the candy!! I even found some that were around when I was a kid. Anyone remember Garbage Can candy or the bags of Gold Mine nugget bubble gum? Had to add in the Lamborghini. It’s not an everyday occurrence around here to see one parked outside your hotel. Okay, never here.
Before I go, I will tell you one thing that I find very uninspiring. That fact that there won’t be any new CSI episodes to watch on television in the fall. No new CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. No new CSI: Miami. No new CSI: NY. And now, no new CSI: Cyber. For the first time since 2010 there will be no new CSI shows. And I have watched every series from the beginning! I am seriously tempted to cut the cable!! Yes, I’m broken. Haha!!
Well, this blog post was short and sweet, but I hope it got you inspired enough to go out and find what gets you inspired! If you find it, let me know what it is please. But don’t forget to come back and see what’s new at the view from where I am…